Friday, March 9, 2012

Chicken Zucchini Casserole

So...my hubby is pretty good about me trying new recipes and he will tell me if it is a keeper followed by how many times I could make it per year. The more times per year, the more he likes it. It's that or he'll say PASS...or "um baby, don't make this again". Well...he could not say enough how GOOD the following recipe was, which is rare for him to keep going on about how GOOD something is.

Thank you from my dear friend Susan for sharing it with us!

Chicken Zucchini Casserole

1 package (6oz) stuffing mix (I used a box of Stove Top Stuffing)
3/4 cup melted butter (or margarine)
3 cups diced zucchini (2 regular zucchini worked for me)
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sour cream

Set aside 1/2 cup stuffing mix for topping. Pour the rest in a large bowl with melted butter. Add the zucchini, chicken, soup, carrot, onion and sour cream to the remaining stuffing mixture. Transfer to greased 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment